If you have been thinking of doing something about your irregular teeth set and ways to straighten them, you can consider using adult braces. But before you go ahead with it, there are a few things that you must know about it.
- If you have not consulted an orthodontist yet, it is high time that you do and ensure that you consult them before you opt for the braces. You can visit a dentist in your locality or even take recommendations from your acquaintances.
- Do not hesitate to a second opinion, more so as a kind of sanity check. Often dentists may differ in their mode of treatment. If you are not convinced with what your first dentist has to say, do consult another doctor to be sure of what needs to be done.
- You also need to take into account the cost of the braces. The costs may vary from one dentist to another and also depending on the time for which you have to carry on with the treatment.
When you are consulting a dentist for braces in adults, you need to clarify a few things from them.
- Whether you can opt for invisible braces as they are not easily visible and can reduce your embarrassment of having to wear braces in at this age
- Whether Damon brackets can be used to treat the condition where an extraction is necessary
- Whether you can opt for ceramic braces
- Whether you need to use rubber bands to cure problems of an incorrect bite
- Whether the treatment will affect your facial profile in any way
- Whether you would need a jaw surgery in the future
- Whether you can get metal braces on your teeth
The answers to these questions and an overall assessment of your dental condition would certainly help you to determine suitable braces for your teeth.